April 2, 2009

Q1

“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” – Sir Winston Churchill

2009, thus far the most important year of my journey, is already one quarter through.  I don’t feel any closer today to my goal than I did three months ago, but validating Mr. Churchill’s claim, I have taken many fruitful steps – I updated my demo reel, updated my resume, sent a dozen or so queries, assisted in the launching of two new programs on my Internet channel, read a few wonderful books, listened to a number of excellent podcasts, connected with a few more industry folk, and put on a few more pounds of muscle.  No really, it’s muscle.  I swear.

I just started a new screenplay and I am in production of my new mock soap opera pilot which I will send out and release in short increments online.  In the coming weeks I hope to form a new group for Twin Cities screenwriters, and I have already talked with an actor friend about forming a support group for those of us in the community who are serious about making a career in the film business.

I’ve been approached by a few people looking at getting into the acting industry and offered as much advice as I was able.  And I started this blog hoping to assist others in the same boat.

Will any of my first quarter efforts draw me to my goal for this year?  It’s impossible to say at this point, but the destination matters only as much as the quality of the journey.

No comments: