June 7, 2009

Soap Athetic #6

The sixth installment of Soap Athetic is up on YouTube.  A project that began as something I thought we’d carry through for months or years is now nearing its end… at least on Numa Network.  Online release was the original intention of the show, but as I wrote it, I decided to turn the script into a pilot.  I wrote 7 segments that could stand alone online, but put together, would stand as a half-hour sitcom pilot.

I’m happy with the finished product and am certainly not giving up on the prospect of doing this or a similar show for a more substantial entity than YouTube.  But honestly, I’m ready for the Numa run to be over.  More on that later…

Soap Athetic Episode 6

2 comments:

Lance said...

I will miss Soap Athetic...it really made me laugh. I think it was misunderstood, but perhaps another time another place, another venue?

It did honestly make me want to go back and watch Naked Gun again...love that kind of humor. Now if only you could've gotten Leslie Nielson to cameo :)

You are a gifted filmmaker and actor and this series was awesome. Bring on the next one! :D

MN 2 Hollywood said...

Thanks, as always, for the kind words, Chris. YouTube is certainly not my target market, as I am reminded each time I click on the awful content that is consistently raking in the views.