March 3, 2010

March

“An optimist is the human personification of spring.” – Susan Bissonette 

In Minnesota, March means one thing and one thing only: the end is near.  Four months of four-walled banishment is finally melting away.  While March is statistically the second snowiest month for the Twin Cities, the promise of rising temperatures and lengthening daylight hours is a much needed breath of optimism.

I’ve diagnosed myself with many things, mostly in jest, but if I don’t officially have Seasonal Affective Disorder, I have the red-headed stepchild version of it.  For me, March is the light at the end of the barren tunnel brightening my cup just enough to see that it just may be half full instead of half empty.

This year, I’m going to treat March less like a noun and more like a verb – as in, march ahead, march forward, march of dimes… wait, not that last one.

No more waiting around for phone calls and e-mails to be returned.  No more waiting for perfect opportunities to saunter up to my doorstep.  No more hiding.  No more begging.  No more self pity.  No more self doubt.  No more…

No comments: