May 16, 2009

Soap Athetic #3

Part 3 of the 7 part series is available online now. Check it out and if you have a YouTube account, please rate it and favorite it and leave a comment or two.

I put up a short gag reel from the episode, too. Aaron and especially Meisha had a tough time getting through the silly setup without giggling. It plays funny in the episode, but it was even funnier the night we taped it simply because it was an awkward setup with Aaron getting right into Meisha’s face. Remember the closer-talker episode of Seinfeld? It was kind of like that. ;)

Soap Athetic Episode 3

3 comments:

ChrisP said...

I've always been kind of torn on gag reels (although yours is funny!). On one hand, they are really funny...we had some hilarious outtakes when I did the full-length film Opaque back in '06....especially with our two nerd characters who were amazing at improv (who I hope to bring back in their own series)...but at same time I wonder if it takes away from the illusion of the film world. It depends on the context I guess...

I am finding it more and more cheesy now to see outtakes rolled RIGHT after the movie, during the credits....unless of course it's an Eddie Murphy movie, haha.

Wow what a tangent. Haha. Great job on this series Justen. I gotta admit I'm liking it more and more!

MN 2 Hollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MN 2 Hollywood said...

I love gag reels. It's the special feature I seek first. I don't think it hinders the 'film illusion.' As an actor, I want it clear that I am NOT the person seen on screen. And as a filmmaker, I don't mind giving away my secrets.

When I was younger and found out Superman wasn't real, it was a bit of a disappointment, but it was also an important lesson. :)

Thanks for the insight, ChrisP!