January 13, 2009

Goals

"Most look up and admire the stars. A champion climbs a mountain and grabs one." -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

I might add to Mr. Brown's quote that many who admire the stars boast of their ability to one day reach the stars. Yet, these big talkers often sit with an open net, waiting to catch a star instead of scaling the proverbial mountain. Others, of course, take a few steps up the craggy obstacle and turn around at the first adverse circumstance.

My promise to you, kind reader, and to myself, stubborn writer, is to be the champion from the above quote by the author of "Life's Little Instruction Book." Why should you care? If I reach my goal of rising to a new level of Hollywood success this year, then there's no reason you can't do the same. If I fall short of this year's goal, you can step in and show me how it's done. Just one thing - I won't fall short.

Granted, my goal is not entirely lucid at this point. Reaching a new level of success in Hollywood is as ambiguous a goal as I could set for myself. I'm going to work on further defining this goal. After all, an immeasurable goal is as useful as a [insert clever simile].

This blog will serve as my journal along the way. I will do my best to heedfully report my progress, but more importantly, I will share my findings so that others with similar goals can benefit. Thank you for stopping by. May God bless all who embark on this, or other similar, difficult journeys.

2 comments:

Gabriel Remus said...

a screendoor on a submarine
an icebox to an eskimo
a meat raffle to a vegan
used dental floss

Remember "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson. Also, the song "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. They are both pick-me-ups for me when I lose sight of the prize.

MN 2 Hollywood said...

'Screendoor on a submarine' was the first that came to my mind, but of all Rich Mullins' brilliant music, that could be his most annoying song. :) The reasoning made sense to me...

"The Dream Giver" -- Absolutely love it!