December 13, 2009

2009 Screenwriting Expo – Closing Thoughts

Over the last several blog entries, I’ve shared brief notes from each of the sessions I attended at the 2009 Screenwriting Expo.  But the sessions were only a small part of the overall experience.  Just being around so many other aspiring screenwriters was worth the trip.  New friends, new connections, new excitement for continuing this journey.

It wasn’t easy for me to pull this trip off.  I am – how can I put it delicately – quite careful with money.  I had frequent flyer miles saved up for the flight, but Expo registration and hotel fees were still significant for my family.  Time will tell, but so far I am happy with this investment in my career.  If finances allow, I hope to take the trip again next year.  Maybe the family can come with and we can spend a day together at Disney Land.

Here’s a short article I wrote about the Expo for the MN Film Board.  Now, enough talk about the Expo.  It was great.  It was worth the trip.  But it was more than a month ago.  Onward and upward.

No comments: