February 9, 2009

Give

To laugh often and love much;
to win the respect of intelligent persons
and the affection of children;
to earn the approbation of honest critics
and to endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to give of one's self;
to leave the world a little better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch,
or a redeemed social condition;
to have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation;
to know that even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived -
this is to have succeeded.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Mr. Emerson's famous success quote has appeared in various forms all over the world. Words are sometimes rearranged and stanzas left out, but his message is clear in all reiterations. Success is easily attainable by all who care to accept it in its simplest form.

Trusting Mr. Emerson's words, I label myself a success, but there's room for so much more. I vow to laugh and love more than ever, to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me everyday, to ignore the faults of others in lieu of their best, and to give more of myself for the benefit of others.

In the coming months I will dedicate entries in this blog as resources for anyone interested in anything to do with the entertainment industry. I am no authority, but I have learned and continue to learn from those who are. I don't know what higher purpose any of this blogging will accomplish, but if even one life can breathe easier because of my efforts, I will consider this blog a success.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

One of my favorite quotes... You are a success by many, if not all, of those measures! Keep reaching for those (Hollywood) stars. I think of you every time I hear these song lyrics..."I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams, and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things." I love you!

MN 2 Hollywood said...

Thanks for hanging on with me on this ride! :)