February 20, 2009

List 2 -- Online Resources

John August.com
One of the Hollywood screenwriters to whom I most look up. Not only is he the writer of one of my favorite movies, Big Fish, but he shares openly with all of us 'not-quite-Hollywood-yet' screenwriters.

The Artful Writer
The blog of Ted Elliot and Craig Mazin. Mr. Elliot has an impressive resume, including a co-writing credit on a little trilogy of movies called Pirates of the Caribbean. Mr. Mazin is a writer and producer in the Scary Movie series, among others.

Ken Levine's blog
Emmy award winning television producer, writer, and director who's credits include some little shows called MASH, Cheers, The Simpsons, and many more.

On the Page
Hollywood script consultant, Pilar Alessandra hosts my favorite podcast. Find it on her website or search iTunes for 'On the Page'.

Film Specific
Stacy Parks, author of The Insider's Guide to Independent Film Distribution, featured in my book list a few entries back, formed this community that boasts a wealth of knowledge for independent moviemakers.

This is just the start to a list of links that will find itself, sans descriptions, embedded in the sidebars of this blog. As you can see, there are plenty of industry people out there blogging who have just a wee bit more credentials than I.

So I guess this is good-bye. Sniff.

Oh, I must have something unique to offer. Shame? Humility? Delusional visions of grandeur? Well, as I mentioned last post, I have yet to find a blog from an actor/writer/director/producer. And even if such a blog exists, the author does not live in Minnesota. I would know him or her if he or she did. I think.

So for now this niche is all mine. And if you've got a niche, scratch it.

No comments: